- To preserve and improve the quality of the species through precise record-keeping thereby allowing breeders to make informed decisions when building their breeding programs.
- To improve knowledge of sugar glider genetics to allow breeders to build programs that eliminate characteristics that have a negative impact on the species and increasing those traits that enhance sugar glider health, temperament, structure, and longevity.
- To track transfers, ages, health, life-span, active breeding years, sale trends, colors/genetics, and growth of sugar gliders throughout the nation.
- To be an outlet for community involvement by building a crowd-sourced sugar glider pedigree system that caters and responds to community needs over time.
- To attend to speed and accuracy of record creation, usability, and crowd verification by creating designs and features tailored to the sugar glider community's needs.